Squires Electric was managing their operations using spreadsheets and an out-of-the-box CRM solution. While the existing system had some useful features, there were huge gaps in it's ability to effectively manage critical areas of the business. As the business grew this resulted in increasing loss of revenue, scheduling errors, loss of tracking efficiency and invoicing delays. All these were affecting the bottom line of the business.
BEFORE WHILE THEIR BUSINESS WAS GROWING, THEIR PROFIT MARGIN WAS SHRINKING
Every time they added a user they had to contact their software company, set up an additional user account and pay additional licensing fees. Then, there were delays with account activation and user accounts not working. As a result only 80% of their existing users were actually able to log in and use the system at any given time. The rest had to go back to writing it on paper, even though they already had a system.
Lack of Electrical Contracting Business Features
Their existing system had a basic CRM but it didn't consider nuances of the contracting industry. For example, here are some of the shortcomings encountered with their previous application:
- Inability to manage multiple jobsites, billing addresses, and contacts for customers.
- No place to manage job requirements like permits, inspections, customer callbacks.
- Rigid and cumbersome scheduling process. Impossible to manage schedule changes.
- Poor change order management.
- Lack of meaningful metrics. Lots of generic reports, very few meaningful reports.
The combination of all these factors was putting Squires Electric back where they started, managing things from multiple places, dealing with scheduling errors and inefficiencies, losing money on untracked change orders and struggling to get invoices out on time. The bottom line is, while the business was growing, their profit margin was shrinking.
360e SOLVED ALL THESE PROBLEMS & DELIVERED MEASURABLE RESULTS
No Per User Costs
Squires electric is able to create and add users at will with no per user costs or additional licensing extensions - no phone calls, no wait-time or additional payment scheduling. Their primary administrator goes to the users panel, adds a user, sets the permissions and the new user is ready-to-go. This translates into uninterrupted workflow, easy onboarding for new employees, immediate job tracking availability AND no additional costs.
Built for Electrical Service Contractors
Many of the standard features now available with 360e came from the initial customizations completed for Squires Electric. Before building out additional features to the system, we partnered with the Squires Electric team to learn and understand the daily challenges of the electrical contracting industry. We rode in the vans to job sites, sat alongside the dispatcher, went out on material runs and witnessed the many challenges of getting invoices out. The result is a robust but flexible system that understands the organic process as well as the technical side of CRM and field management. Standout features include:
- Robust CRM manages an unlimited number of jobsites, billing addresses and contacts for any customer.
- Permit and job requirement tracking with built-in alerting and follow-up reminders.
- Visual scheduling grid with easy editing.
- Easy-to-use field module with built-in change order tracking.
- Paperless time tracking and real-time job costing.
- Zip code look ups, two-click order conversion and other time-saving features.
Revive Remodeling has always put quality of work ahead of everything else in their business. This quality of work eventually brought in a lot more business and with it, the challenge to deliver the same quality and craftsmanship while remaining an efficient and profitable business. Aside from their Quickbooks accounting program, they were essentially running the business with paper, pens and spreadsheets. The mechanics of this paper-based process was creating inefficiencies and operational headaches at multiple levels.
BEFORE MAINTAINING QUALITY AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE
Because of the range of services they manage (carpentry, flooring, roofing, painting, electrical, plumbing and more), creating quotes involved organizing pricing for both in-house and outsourced services at varying levels of detail. This involved manual pricing calculations from spreadsheets, extensive typing and/or copying of vendor estimates and manual assembly of multiple items into a cohesive proposal.
From free app-based scheduling to paper time sheets, job management was increasingly frustrating and disconnected. Daily challenges included:
- Workers late to jobsites.
- Materials missing at jobsites.
- Lost or unreported change orders.
- Missing time sheets and vendor invoices.
- No playback or tracking ability while job was in progress.
- Invoicing delays and errors.
Revive Remodeling continued to do whatever was necessary to ensure the job was done right. However, as workloads increased they continued to deliver quality, but at their own expense. Profit margins were declining or even worse, unknown.
AFTER 360E DELIVERED IMPROVED PERFORMANCE, REAL-TIME PLAYBACK AND PROFIT
A Fast and Flexible Quoting Process
Revive Remodeling estimators are now able to build quotes with ease and flexibility within 360e. The sales module includes a robust bid estimator. This feature replaces spreadsheets with an intuitive tool that manages complex pricing scenarios while offering short cuts like assembly groups and flat rate pricing. A custom outsourcing module allows bids from multiple vendors to be organized and integrated with in-house services to produce cohesive, well-organized proposals.
Technology and Training Unite Office and Field
Office and field teams now work together through a single web-based application. Workers log in using mobile devices where they have access to the following:
- Schedule and location details.
- Work instructions, permit information and other details.
- Jobsite and previous work histories.
- Material lists.
- Site drawings, photos and other supporting files.
- Daily activity notes / comments and change order tracking tools.
- Paperless, real-time and material tracking.
- Dedicated support and training from the 360e team.
Likewise, office administrators get real-time playback from the field which eliminates guesswork, delays and administrative errors. Features include:
- Two-click quote-to-job conversion.
- Job Snapshots with job specific, real-time P&L reports.
- Daily job comments and progress updates.
- Tracked, approved and signed change orders.
- Custom reports to stay on top of job, company and employee profitability.
GET STARTED TODAY !
Toll Free Overseas & International