Humans, by nature, thrive on routine. When you have a way of doing things that works well, you’re inclined to repeat the behavior. The mentality follows the logic of if it isn’t broke, don’t fix it. In the contracting field, professionals are used to employing manual methods for several tasks—from testing receptacles to scheduling appointments on whiteboards. While some manual tasks still have their place, businesses experiencing the greatest growth and efficiency are those that ditch time-consuming administrative tasks and switch to proactive field management software.
Your Business Before Electrical CRM
Customer relationship management, or CRM, refers to the strategies, practices, and technologies that a business uses to manage and study customer interactions. The goal of a CRM is to improve customer relationships and retention rates, as well as drive growth.
If you have an established electrical contracting company, you might depend on different standalone methods to manage various aspects of the business. For example, you might use:
- Spreadsheets to track inventory
- Filing cabinets to store information about projects
- Rolodex cards to save customer contact information
- Multi-part service, repair, estimate, and invoice forms with pink or yellow carbonless copies that you give to a customer
- A white board for technician schedules
- A computer at the office with accounting software or software that tracks marketing communications that you send to specific clients
- A Polaroid camera to take pictures of a job site or a computer file folder with digital pictures
Multiple standalone methods serve as good temporary solutions. They worked well in the past, but do not efficiently allow you to enhance productivity, reduce mistakes, meet customer demands, or grow professionally in today’s market.
Your Business with Electrical CRM
Electrical CRM software simplifies running your contracting business and managing customer relationships. It uses one simple-to-use platform to:
- Manage schedules
- Instantly create and deliver accurate estimates, invoices, and other forms without using paper
- Reduce costs
- Manage inventory
- Keep customer contact information organized with relevant notes
- Manage technician schedules
- Manage projects and organize photographs and notes
- Save and share driving directions for technicians
- Provide technicians with the latest client and project information in real time
- Manage marketing campaigns
- Set up reminders to contact or follow-up with a customer, check inventory, and perform other tasks
- Instantly create reports to determine the business’ growth, what needs improvement, and the success of marketing campaigns
Cloud-based field management software allows you to do more with less. Instead of keeping information in a single physical location, it is universally available to your entire team. It enables you to give field service workers the ability to collaborate in real-time without being in the same location, allowing them to use resources more efficiently and prevent costly logistical errors. Moreover, field service software gives your workers the tools they need to provide exceptional customer service in today’s fast-paced environment. Happy customers are loyal customers that continue to bring you repeated business.
360e’s CRM software for electricians bridges the information divide between the office and field. Instead of purchasing yet another piece of software that your employees must learn to use, 360e integrates with many types of programs on a simple, easy to use interface. Instead of bogging you down with confusing tools that you don’t need, you customize the software to your exact needs, enabling your workers to improve their performance and cultivate better customer relationships without being tethered to a desk.
Up to 54 percent of field service businesses continue to remain noncompetitive because of their use of manual methods. You don’t have to be one of them. Schedule a complimentary 360e demonstration to learn how the CRM software will help your business reach its full potential.